Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fungyan

When I first arrived in China I joined an organisation called the Green Lion. They help assimilate people by giving them the TEFL course and cultural lessons and then also helping them find work. I eventually left Greenway because they couldn't find me a job in Yangshuo and I really wanted to stay here. So I went around asking at schools until I found the job I have now. Although I am still in touch with them, I think the people who work there are some of the nicest and most amazing I have ever met.

The first week I arrived here we went to Fungyan Village, which is in the Gaungxi province. So far the most beautiful place I've seen in China. Isabella, the head of Greenway, has an amazing old style Chinese house there which we stayed in. It is also one of the most peaceful places I've been in. When I next have some time-off I'm going back there to visit.

The following pictures were taken by Anna Anderson from Sweden, who I met on the plane and funnily enough we were going to the same place.





No comments:

Post a Comment