Monday, November 15, 2010

On the lighter side

I just found out one of my favourite musical groups have released a new album today! This is great news and sad news since I cannot get a hold of it. But thanks to the wonders of the internet and bit-torrents, I am in the process of downloading it right now.

I've loved Stereolab for a good 5 years now and have been a faithful supporter of their music. I own more albums by them than any other artist(s) - excluding the mighty Aphex Twin.

I even have two of their LPs which I treasure along with all the other amazing LPs (which I dearly miss).

Anyhow, here is a music video from their last album, which admittedly I did not find to be as great as their other releases, but this song stands up there. It is so strangely happy and sad all at once, it's not simple nostalgia, but something unique only Stereolab can create.

1 comment:

  1. speaking of Stereolab being unique.

    their music is full of all kinds of obscure musical references.

    an interesting series about the origins of stereolab songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l1U1XLcoT8

    ReplyDelete